Due Dates and Details: Assignments, Tests, Projects, etc
Due Oct 16 at the end of class (i.e. do as much as you can at home, but you'll have time to ask questions and make corrections in class)
- Page 211 to 212 # 1 to 8
- Page 214 # 1, 2
For practice (but not to hand in) do: Page 234 # 6 to 12, and 19 (the solutions are posted below)
Friday Oct 12 - TEST - Significant digits, graphing, and Chapter 6.1 and 6.2
- This test will include a section with the same concepts as the Sept 27 Quiz (significant digits, scientific notation, graphing), AND a section with questions on Chapter 6.1 and 6.2 (vibrations, period, frequency, periodic events, wave motion).
- The section on sig figs and graphing will be a re-quiz opportunity (i.e. if your result on that section of the test is better than the quiz, I will omit your quiz mark. If your quiz mark is higher than that section of your test I will leave your quiz mark as is)
To prepare for the test: do Page 208 # 1 to 4 and Page 234 # 1 to 5.
We will go over the answers on Wed Oct 10.
Due October 5:
- Lab 6.2.1 (complete in class on Oct 3)
- Page 201 to 202: Section 6.1 Questions #1 to 5
Oct 1 - If you have not yet handed in the Pendulum Lab, it is now late! Please hand it in right away (or, come for help if you are having difficulty)
Sept 27 - QUIZ: Graphing and Significant Digits
- you will be given a data table, and graph paper. You will plot the graph according to the Graphing Guidelines, and answer questions about the graph (reading the graph; slope; equation in the form y = mx+b)
- you will identify the number of significant digits in measurements, and use the appropriate number of sig figs for solutions to addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems
Sept 18: Complete as much of the Pendulum activity as you can
Documents and Links